In the complex world of personal injury and auto insurance law, experience can make the difference between a small and large financial recovery, and even between a substantial recovery and no recovery at all. At Gillis Law Firm
, we have the experience needed to provide effective legal help following car, truck, motorcycle, boat, ATV and bus injuries. Our firm’s partners:
- Each have more than 20 years of legal experience
- Are carrying on a tradition, started by our firm’s founder in 1978, of serving accident victims and their families in New Haven and beyond
- Have handled thousands of claims for drivers, passengers and pedestrians injured in auto and boat accidents in Connecticut
Cases We Handle
Our New Haven county auto accident lawyers handle claims ranging from relatively minor lacerations and whiplash to brain, neck and spine injuries. Whatever your accident, and whatever your injuries, we have the comprehensive knowledge to help you hold negligent parties accountable. Our practice areas include (but are not limited to):
- Car accidents: Side-impact, head-on and rear-end collisions; rollovers; hit-and-run accidents, those involving borrowed vehicles; and accidents caused by distracted driving
- Truck accidents: Collisions caused by improper maintenance or loading; accidents caused by company or driver errors, including fatigue
- Boat and personal watercraft accidents: Speeding; boating at night or under the influence; careless use of Jet Skis; failure to observe regulations
- DUI accidents: Injuries, fatalities and dramshop claims
- Motorcycle accidents, including fatalities
- Vehicle passenger injuries: Injured passengers are also entitled to compensation
- Commercial vehicle accidents: Dump trucks, tow trucks, delivery trucks, fleet vehicles and company cars
- Bus accidents, including school buses
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist accidents: Victims can seek compensation from their own insurers
- Distracted driving accidents such as those caused by texting or talking on cellphones
- Pedestrian and bicyclist accidents
Our attorneys will tell you honestly whether your personal injury claim is worth pursuing, and are prepared to answer all your questions about insurance companies. We also offer sound advice about what you should do after an accident.
Maximizing Compensation Through Diligent And Aggressive Representation
Insurers usually know they’re “on the hook” for an insurance payout following an accident. Often, the question is for how much.
We carefully investigate and prepare auto accident cases to ensure that we obtain the full compensation our clients need and deserve. The automobile accident lawyers at our New Haven, Connecticut, law firm have the resources to carefully investigate these types of claims and ensure that everyone responsible is held accountable. We work with accident reconstructionists and professional investigators as well as other experts, including medical experts. We also pursue compensation from all potential sources, including our clients’ own uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage.
If you have been injured, your life has been disrupted and you deserve caring and effective legal help, as well as compensation for your injuries. To discuss your case with an experienced lawyer at no charge, contact our firm.
Free Consultation With A Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer
To serve you better, the Gillis Law Firm offers evening and weekend appointments and employs a Spanish-speaking paralegal. We offer free case evaluation and — better yet — if you work with us, you pay nothing unless we win compensation for you. Fill out our contact form, or call 866-603-9810, for an appointment to discuss your case. Our office is conveniently located in downtown New Haven next to the courthouse near free parking.