Steps To Take Following An Auto Accident
Have you recently been hurt in a serious accident? No matter what type of crash or other accident you have been involved in, it is important to follow a few specific steps in order to ensure that evidence is safeguarded and your rights are protected. At the Gillis Law Firm, our experienced personal injury lawyers can explain the steps you need to take in order to have the best chance at pursuing compensation for your injuries in Connecticut.
What Should I Do Immediately After An Accident In Connecticut?
There are certain things you can do immediately after a crash or other injury-causing accident that will help you to secure a better outcome for your case. These steps include:
- If you or anyone else is hurt, seek medical attention immediately.
- Call the police: Having an accurate police report on hand is very useful when proving certain aspects of your claim for recovery.
- Take photos of the accident scene as soon as possible: This will help create an accurate picture of the dangers in the area, property damage and preserve other important facts that can help build your case later down the road.
- Speak to all witnesses and obtain their contact information: This will ensure that your attorneys can contact the correct people to begin building a solid case for your recovery.
- Obtain the contact and insurance information of all parties involved: Obtaining the necessary information from the parties who are directly involved in your accident is critical. This way your lawyers can track them down, interview them and pursue the correct insurance companies for compensation to pay your medical bills and other damages.
These steps will work in all types of accidents. From car, truck and motorcycle accidents to slip-and-fall injuries and more. If ever in doubt, do not hesitate to consult with our New Haven lawyers to learn more.
How Can We Help You?
No matter how the accident occurred, if you were hurt because of the negligence or recklessness of another party, we can help you with all of the following steps after an accident:
- Preserving your claim: You took photos, spoke with witnesses, and obtained the contact information of all witnesses and parties involved in your accident. We can help you organize and preserve all this evidence. If you contact us immediately after your accident, we will move swiftly to conduct a thorough hands-on investigation, gathering further evidence while it is still available.
- Medical treatment: It is very important to be examined by a medical professional following an accident so your injuries can be thoroughly documented, a proper diagnosis made and treatment plan ordered. Whether you go to an emergency room, urgent care clinic or your personal physician, or need help finding a health care provider, we can make sure your condition is assessed and documented in detail.
- Payment of medical fees: We will help you deal with all insurers you submit claims to and with issues such as delays or denials by medical insurance providers.
- Car repairs: We will help you get the damage to your car assessed and repaired. This includes handling the relevant insurance claims that will need to be submitted and any negotiations regarding what will be covered and by whom.
- Lawyer fees: We charge on a “no recovery, no fee” basis, meaning that we pay all expenses if we do not recover compensation for you.
A Small Firm With A Big Commitment
We have intentionally kept our law firm small, but we have extensive resources and a strong support staff of nine so we can ensure that we are delivering personalized service to every client we represent. Throughout every step of the process, we are available to answer questions, provide updates and advise you of your options. Our attorneys are committed to helping you through this difficult time by making the process as smooth and easy to understand as possible. Our goal is to help you achieve justice and the compensation you need so you can move on with your life.
Recently Involved In An Accident? Contact Our Law Firm.
To learn more about your options immediately following a serious accident, contact our lawyers today. You may also contact our New Haven injury law firm at 866-603-9810 to schedule a free initial consultation.