Recovering Workers’ Compensation For Manufacturing Accidents
Manufacturing settings are infamous for creating dangerous conditions for industrial workers. Due to the potential hazards of manufacturing plants, owners and operators have a legal responsibility to provide a safe working environment every day and for each worker. When they fail, workers have a right to file for workers’ compensation benefits free of employer harassment and retaliation.
Steps To Take After An Accident
Have you been injured in a manufacturing accident while working? You should:
- Report the injury to your employer promptly
- Contact an attorney to help you fill out your claim form and help you throughout the workers’ compensation process
If you don’t report the injury, you may lose benefits. If you fill out the claims form alone or with the help of your employer, you may damage your claim.
Three Ways Our Team Can Help You
The Connecticut manufacturing accident attorneys of the Gillis Law Firm have handled workers’ compensation claims for injured industrial workers since 1978. From our New Haven office, we can provide experienced and aggressive legal assistance, by:
- Helping you complete your claims form so that it reflects your interests, not your employer’s
- Gathering evidence by obtaining accident and medical records and statements from friends and co-workers, and by visiting the accident site
- Representing you in workers’ compensation hearings and appeals (if necessary)
Though the workers’ compensation system may seem relatively simple, it is not, and hundreds of thousands of claims following serious injuries are denied every year. We charge no fees without recovery, and our fee is limited by statute — this lessens your cost and risk while ensuring a strongest-possible case.
Consult A Local Industrial Injuries Lawyer
For more information regarding our firm and your rights following a manufacturing accident, contact our firm. We offer free initial consultations and evening and weekend appointments. Our team includes a Spanish-speaking paralegal and free parking is available near our office, which is conveniently located in downtown New Haven next to the courthouse.