Holding Negligent Property Owners Accountable
Americans injured on others’ property enjoy numerous and strong legal protections. For instance:
- Property owners are required to keep buildings, parking lots and sidewalks in reasonably safe condition and to follow numerous specific laws governing property maintenance.
- Adequate security and lighting must be provided.
- In some instances, like dog bites and attacks, owners are even held strictly liable. This means that there is no question of liability. Instead, liability is assumed. The only questions left involve the extent of injuries and the value of the claim.
Our Firm Has Been Handing Unsafe Property Cases Since 1978
If you have been injured in a premises liability accident in Connecticut, contact the New Haven premises liability attorneys of Gillis Law Firm. Our lawyer team has handled thousands of personal injury claims, including numerous claims following:
- Slip-and-fall accidents — Whether these occur on a residential or commercial property, you can take legal action.
- Ice and snow accidents — Owners of public or private property must ensure all of their property is safe, including their sidewalks.
- Supermarket accidents — Wet or slippery surfaces and unstable product displays can cause serious injuries.
- Parking lot accidents — If your injury was caused by poor lot design or poor lighting, you may have a claim.
- Amusement park injuries — When rides malfunction or employees are negligent, serious injuries can occur.
- Fire and smoke inhalation injuries — These may occur at your home and business due to fire code violations.
Knowledge, Skills And A Record Of Success
This is only a partial list: Our knowledge of premises liability law is thorough and comprehensive. Our commitment to justice, and decades of personal injury law legal experience, mean that we are highly effective at advocating for clients’ rights both in negotiations and in court.
In addition to effective negotiating, we have won dozens of high-value jury awards in court. For more information regarding our firm and your rights following a premises liability accident, please take advantage of our free case evaluations. And if you decide to pursue your case with us, you’ll pay no fees unless you receive compensation.
Contact Experienced, Local Premises Liability Lawyers
Please call us today at 866-603-9810 to arrange a free consultation, or use our contact form to tell us about your claim. Gillis Law Firm employs a Spanish-speaking paralegal, so we can serve you in your language; we also offer evening and weekend appointments, so we’re here when you need us. We are conveniently located in downtown New Haven next to the courthouse, with free parking nearby.