Elevator and escalator accidents can result in severe, life-changing injuries, including broken bones, hip injuries, head injuries, back injuries and even wrongful death. Most elevator and escalator injuries are the result of preventable maintenance problems.
If you or someone close to you has been injured in an elevator or escalator accident in Connecticut, the lawyers at the Gillis Law Firm are here to provide you with experienced advice and advocacy. We have the skill and experience to help you pursue maximum compensation for your losses.
Contact us today online or by telephone at 866-603-9810 to arrange a free initial consultation with an experienced New Haven elevator and escalator accident attorney.
Common Elevator Injuries
Common causes of elevator accidents include:
- Doors closing on elevator passengers
- Uneven footing between elevator floor and landing
- Elevator cable breaking, allowing the car to plummet to the bottom of the shaft
- Door opening without elevator car present, allowing unsuspecting passengers to fall directly into the shaft
Common Escalator Injuries
Circumstances that commonly lead to escalator accidents include:
- Metal teeth pinching fingers, toes and clothing
- Slippery escalator surfaces
- Escalator stopping abruptly, throwing passengers forward, down the steps or over the railing
Whatever the cause of your elevator or escalator accident, it is important to consult with an experienced premises liability attorney as soon as possible.
Contact Our Escalator Injury Attorneys
Our lawyers have been standing up for the rights of accident victims for decades — and we’ll stand up for your rights too. Call 866-603-9810 or use our intake form to arrange a free initial consultation with one of our experienced attorneys. You’ll pay no fees until we win compensation for you. Our office is conveniently located next to the courthouse in Downtown New Haven, where there is ample free parking. We employ a Spanish-speaking paralegal, and offer evening and weekend appointments.